Thomas Williams was born in 1807 and was a blacksmith who lived in Amlwch all his life. He married a local girl, Mary Hughes from Llaneilian and they had 6 children.
It is probable that the 4 females and two males, like their parents, remained in the town for their respective lifetimes.
John Williams, born 1866 was the second grandson of Thomas. He was a coal miner. He and his wife, Laura had 7 children of which 5 survived.
In the early part of the 20th century the family moved from Anglesey to Mountain Ash in South Wales to work in the coal mines there.
In 1932 one of his daughters, Jennie (or Jane), married Thomas Kenneally in Mountain Ash and that provides the connection to the Isger family.
Amlwch is a small town on the northern coast of the Isle of Anglesey. It is the most northerly town in Wales. According to legend in the Middle Ages, the town developed on a site that had a harbour but was not visible from the sea, which helped to reduce the chance of Viking attacks.
In the 18th century, copper was mined at Parys Mountain leading to rapid growth for the town. By the late 18th century, Amlwch had a population of around 10,000 and was the largest town in Wales after Merthyr Tydfil. At the peak of the copper mining, it is believed that Amlwch had a ratio of one public house to every four people.
The harbour was extended to accommodate the ships needed to transport the ore and when copper mining began to decline in the mid 1850's, shipbuilding became the main industry with many people turning to jobs in ship repair and other maritime industries.